These are hands down my favorite blogging resources to use! Everything I mention are products and services that I have used and found helpful for my blog and business.
Disclaimer: Affiliate links are used and you can read my disclosure policy here.
These are themes I have loved and used in the past as well as my favorite place to purchase themes.
- HelloYouDesigns – They have STUNNING feminine genesis wordpress themes. My current themes on both my blogs are by HelloYouDesigns
- Creative Market – If you don’t want a genesis theme I suggest searching for stunning themes on Creative Market. They have tons of digital products for bloggers too!
If you didn’t already know, I use Siteground to self host both my blogs. I recommend self hosting your wordpress blog because you will have complete ownership over your blog! Siteground has an amazing support team so you are never truly alone. If you need a step by step how to start a blog on Siteground guide then read this.
I couldn’t live without canva. As much as the app on my phone lags, it really is worth it. I create all of my graphics on canva, from pinterest pins to logos and social media graphics. You can create ANYTHING on canva. The reason why I use canva business is because it allows me to have transparent backgrounds, access to tons of stock photos, upload fonts, create a brand kit and so much more.
I love using stock photos on my blog because I am not a good photographer, ALTHOUGH for my lifestyle blog I use 95% of my own photos. Here is a list of stock photo membership sites that I use on Boss Girl Bloggers and LOVE.
- Ivory Mix – This was the first stock photo membership site I signed up for and really loved! It got me into checking out stock photo sites.
- Haute Stock – This was the second stock photo site I joined and I love their photos. They also have graphic packs they provide too like overlays to use on canva for graphic designs.
- Pixi Stock – I love pixi stock, they have sooo many different images to choose from! If you sign up for the annual plan, you have access to their customizable canva templates and Instagram presets. So helpful for branding your site and social media.
- Styled Stock Society – This is probably my favorite out of all of them if I had to choose just one. Their library of images is huge. They also have customizable canva templates including helpful gift guide templates! You know those beautiful gift guide pins and info graphics fashion/beauty bloggers create? It’s awesome!
- Canva – I use canva for creating custom pins, social media graphics, logos, templates, freebies and so much more! If you pay for business canva (which I recommend) you get access to thousands of stock photos too!
- Creative Market – If you don’t want to pay for a monthly/quarterly/annual membership then you can find tons of stock photos that you can purchase for a one time payment on creative market!
Email List Builder
For my email list builder I use Mailerlite. I find it extremely user friendly compared to other list builders plus your first 1,000 subscribers doesn’t cost you any money.
If you are wanting to take your email list up a notch, ConvertKit is a great option! It gives you a lot more customization and options.
and since you need to have a mailing address on every email you send out to your subscribers to follow can spam laws, I use a virtual p.o box that way my home address isn’t on display for everyone to see. I use Anytime Mailbox
I am a huge fan of Pinterest! It helps me get over 100,000 monthly blog views. The resources I use to assist me on Pinterest are:
- Tailwind – this is a pin scheduling tool that allows me to schedule my pins so that I am consistently pinning throughout the day which therefore helps me grow my reach on Pinterest and in return grow my blog traffic!
- Pinterest with Ell – This is my e-course that shares the exact strategies I use to grow my blog traffic with Pinterest.
- Pinterest Services – If you want one on one Pinterest help or if you want me to manage your Pinterest account for you, Then you can check out my services here!
Protect Your Blog
To make sure your blog is good legally, you need to make sure you have privacy and disclosure policies on your blog. I use this legal blog templates bundle that Amira (a lawyer and blogger) drafted. She is the best and I recommend her templates to everyone!