Last Updated on May 3, 2020 by ellduclos
How to Find Inspiration for Blog Posts – Plus 100+ Blog Post Ideas
If you are anything like me, then maybe you have found yourself feeling STUCK when it comes to creating new blog posts. Have you ever felt unmotivated or you lose your inspiration to write a new blog post? This happens to us all. I want to share with you ways that I get inspired and motivated to write new content, PLUS I am also sharing 100 + blog post ideas with you! Hoping these tips will help you get through your creative, writer’s block.
My favorite way to get inspired and think of new blog post ideas is by using Pinterest. A cool feature that Pinterest has is it suggests topic ideas for you based off of what you are sharing on Pinterest. It also lets you know which topics are trending! I love this feature! Chances are if I blog about a topic that is trending and then share my blog post on Pinterest, it has a chance to go viral! Whenever I feel stuck and don’t know what to blog about I will check out trending topics and ideas on Pinterest.
To see this you have to click into the search bar and it will show your recent searches, suggested ideas, and trending ideas.
If you still haven’t used Pinterest to grow your blog traffic you are missing out! Learn more about how to grow your blog traffic with consistent Pinterest strategies here.
Go back and update old content
If you are feeling stuck and unmotivated when it comes to writing a new blog post, go back and update old content! I love doing this in general because it can help improve my SEO. Let’s be honest, most of the time our older blog posts aren’t always our best blog posts. When I update my old content I also get re-inspired to create new content!
You might be wondering what you should do to improve your old content, which is why I share strategies on what to do to update and improve your old content here.
Look at your analytics
Another great way to get blog post ideas and feel motivated to write a new blog post is by analyzing your analytics. Figure out which blog posts are most popular and continue to put out content related to those popular blog posts.
You can also think about which content usually goes “viral” on Pinterest. For example, my 10 relationship reminders blog post always goes viral on Pinterest whenever I create a new pin. This makes me think that maybe I should write more blog posts related to relationships because they could also have the potential to go “viral” on Pinterest.
If you don’t have google analytics installed onto your website yet, it can be very helpful! It tells you which blog posts are popular! It also tells you what your audience’s interests are.
Have a brainstorming session
I love brainstorming sessions when I am feeling a writer’s block. Try to set aside some time where you can sit with a notebook in a quiet space. Brainstorm blog post topics and title ideas. I usually will write down blog post topics from “beauty, motivation, lifestyle, business” and then write blog post titles that come to mind for each topic. This helps get my creative juices flowing and gives me tons of ideas!
You should also keep a list of blog post ideas nearby so you can jot down when a new one comes to mind! I like to use my notes on my phone to do this. I’ll admit it, I have hundreds of notes saved on my phone! OOPS.
Find guest posters
If you are really struggling and want to try and stick to a consistent blog post schedule, reach out to other bloggers in your niche and see if they’d be willing to guest post on your blog! This can help you when you aren’t able to get a new blog post up, feeling stuck, or even have a trip planned! Plus it’s great to collab with other bloggers!
Come up with a series
Have you ever thought of coming up with a blog post series? This can help you come up with at lest 5-10 blog post ideas. For example, if you are a beauty blogger you can do a series like, “Friday Favorites” or a month of “Budget Beauty”. Maybe a series of “Organizing Your Home”, start with one room each blog post. It’s like a mini organization series. Hope this makes sense!
I don’t know about you but I know that I get easily distracted! ESPECIALLY when I am writing a new blog post. It’s so easy to be in the middle of writing a blog post and next thing you know you are scrolling through social media for the next hour. I try to hide my phone and eliminate all distractions when I am ready to seriously sit down and write a new blog post. It helps a lot!
Monthly blog vision
If you really want to take your blog seriously and get into a consistent posting schedule, then it’s time to create a monthly blog vision! This is when you map out your blog posts for the month in advance! Having content written in advance can make sticking to a consistent schedule a lot less stressful. I wrote about creating a monthly blog vision that you should definitely give a read if you are wanting to get more consistent with blogging!
Ask your audience
When in doubt, it doesn’t hurt to ASK your audience what they want to read next! This is also a great way to connect with your audience to hear what they enjoy reading from you! I usually will create polls on twitter or Instagram. You can also send an e-mail to your subscribers and ask them what they enjoy reading too!
Change up your space
This is something I have been struggling with lately. Since I work from home it is so easy for me to feel uninspired when I am home all the time. Sometimes changing up where I work can help to re-inspire me. You can also switch up your office.
I used to move my room around all the time as a kid because I LOVED change. Maybe move your desk around, decorate your space, create a vision board, and surround your desk with your favorite scents. It’s the little things that can make a huge difference.
Blog Post Ideas
Here is a quick look at a brainstorming session. I am sharing 118 blog post ideas to help spark some creativity, inspiration and motivation!
- How to simplify your life
- How to stay productive & organized
- how to make the most out of your mornings
- Ways to instantly feel happier
- How to make yourself a priority
- Why it’s okay to not have it all figured out
- How to evaluate your life
- Things to do every night before bed
- Shows worth watching on Netflix
- Top reads for personal growth
- Monthly book list
- (season) morning routine
- (season) Night time routine
- How to relax when you are feeling stressed
- Habits to cut out of your life right now
- How to feel happier daily
- Healthy habits to improve your life
- Healthy living guide
- How to have a self care Sunday
- Self care tips
- Cleaning tips & hacks
- Best organization tips
- How to overcome rejection
- How to change your mindset
- How to organize your time
- Healthy morning habits
- How to get a best night’s rest
- How to build your confidence
- Self love ideas
- Questions to ask yourself every month
- How to deal with change
- Affirmations for a positive mindset
- How to practice gratitude
- Motivational quotes
- How and what to declutter
- How to live a fearless life
- Budgeting tips
- How to find your passion in life
- 20 things to accomplish before I turn (#)
- Ways to get motivated
- Removing negative energy from your life
- Why you need to follow your heart
- What I learned from a year of blogging
- How to have a more productive week.
- What is your inspiration ?
- 20 Truths about me + my life
- 20 Mistakes I made in my twenties
- How to save your money
- How to reset your mindset
- Advice to my younger self
- Monthly goals
- How to do a social media detox
- Things that get me through my Monday
- Ways to unwind
- The biggest time wasters
- Bedtime habits to better your sleep
- How to take control of your Sunday
- How to pursue your dreams when you’re afraid to
- How to make the most of setbacks
- (#) Afirmations for entrepreneurs
- Ways to go outside your comfort zone
- Dates to do alone (self love & care)
- Tips for organizing your closet
- Mindsets to have if you want to pursue your dreams
- Habits of confident women
- How to live a less stressful life
- Decor to cozy up your home
- (season) home decor favorites
- Work from home tips
- How to have a productive day
- How to increase your productivity at work
- How to stop procrastinating
- Habits for success
- Creating a success mindset
- How to achieve your goals
- Self care for entrepreneurs
- How to create a business plan
- Summer skin care routine
- Daily skin care routine
- Favorite beauty products for the season
- Top 10 drugstore beauty products
- High end beauty products worth the splurge
- Products I regret buying
- Monthly beauty favorites
- Monthly empties
- Monthly products I would repurchase
- Skin care favorites
- Favorite (shade of ___) lipsticks
- Eyeshadow palettes I love
- Oldies but goodies for beauty products
- 10 Favorite products under $10
- Top 5 favorite ____
- (Season) trends
- Favorite pieces
- How to style a ____
- How to transition from (season to season)
- How to dress for a wedding
- Date night outfit ideas
- Guide to _____
- Travel on a budget tips
- Tips for packing
- How to find cheap flights and hotels
- Seasonal travel tips
- A day in your life
- Journal prompt ideas
- Travel bucket list
- Seasonal bucket list
- Favorite amazon products
- Home decor, amazon, beauty, fashion hauls
- How to do a life detox
- Tips for living a wealthier life
- How to stay sane when working with social media
- Most repurchased beauty products
- Monthly reflections
- Round up posts
- How to create a money mindset
- Mindset shifts for business
- Unhealthy mindsets holding you back
I hope you found these tips helpful! Here’s hoping we sparked those creative juices again! Can’t wait to here what you are going to blog about next!
Karen Monica says
I am definitely book marking this. Never thought of searching for ideas from Pinterest. Now I think I can write at least 10 post in advance.. Lol I better start planning for July posts.
So glad you found it helpful! (:
Very inspiring and must read post for new bloggers like me! Thank you so much Ell, for your help to keep us motivated and sharing these productive ideas. ❤️
Thank you so much! That makes me so happy to hear!!
I love all your posts, Elle. Thank you for being such an inspiration! As a new blogger I can honestly say I wouldn’t have stayed as motivated if it weren’t for you!
Ell* autocorrect ??♀️
Thank you so much! That means a lot to me!!!
This blog post is very useful . Thank you!!
Thank you! So glad to hear that!
Such a wonderful post! Thanks for the great productive ideas
So glad you found it helpful (:
You’ve got some great suggestions here, something for everyone! I’m sure this will be a HUGE help for anyone that finds themselves stuck in a blogging rut.
Thank you so much!
Ray Amaari says
Thank you! I needed this.
So glad you found it helpful!
Thanks so much for sharing! These are wonderful ideas and helped spark some inspiration.
So glad to hear that! Thank you (:
As a new blogger, I am finding your information plus the Boss Girl Bloggers group to be beyond helpful! Thank you so much!
That makes me so happy to hear! Thank you so much (:
Cara | Zenspired Lifestyle says
Pinned! So many great tips here for getting inspired!
I love this list and the tips! Definitely saving it for inspiration!
Thank you so much! (:
Great ideas! Will be using some soon 🙂
Thank you Paige! Happy to hear that (:
Destiny Vaughan says
I love these ideas! You’re right. It’s easy to feel uninspired when you work from home. Sitting in the same spot can kill your creativity. I used to love going to coffee shops before the pandemic. I’m really looking forward to going out again.
Thank you for the tips! I’m saving them to use them later.
Sending you lots of love and positive vibes! You are not alone!
Thanks for all those ideas!!!